Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Photography (one of my hobbies)

As the rain falls and the thunder claps, the temperature is finally cooling off- a little. A thought crossed my mind of just how much my flowers need this good drenching rain shower. Hopefully prompting them to spring forth with many more blooms to bring happiness to my sweet little girl who adores them. One afternoon while we were getting ready to leave our house, she and I were in the front close to our neighbors house and she fell in love with one of my neighbors flowers. I have tried to tell her to not pick other people's flowers and apparently she finally understands. Instead of asking could she pick it, she asked if I would take a photo of the flower so she could look at it. So, I did, of course. 

I gave a copy to my neighbor who is always working on her flowers and grass. She was delighted and seemed very appreciative that I took time to enjoy her flowers. A simple request, a simple task, a simple effort all brought a nice smile and feeling of appreciation to both of us. So, take time to smell the roses and take a photo to share! :)


2 Comments:

At July 13, 2011 at 6:14 PM , Blogger Just Jinny said...

Oh, flowers are one of my all time favorite photograph subjects. I have a framed print of a flower I photographed hanging in our hallway (read the story about the pretty mystery flower here: http://realworldgirl.blogspot.com/2008/09/mystery-flower.html).

 
At July 14, 2011 at 12:27 AM , Blogger everchanging erin said...

Thanks for the comment. I have enjoyed looking over your blog :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home