Saturday, July 9, 2011

Coastal Chic inspiration room-- my online picks

After looking at the inspiration room I chose earlier for the Coastal Chic style I decided to make online picks that would be within MY budget based on that style. Keeping with the same color scheme shown in the room. Let me see how I do...

 Coastal Chic inspiration room 

available from amazon.com  price is less than $200

 available from amazon.com price is less than $50 each
available from amazon.com (down alternative) price is less than $75

 available from Etsy.com (2 18x18 covers) $24
cover your existing pillows!


available from Target.com could not get an image :( but I chose these 
because they are mini so they will be small enough for bedside and silver so they
add another texture to the room as well as versatility and CHEAP $10 each!! 

 available from o.co price is $142
I chose a rounded back because round edges evoke the feeling of comfort. I wanted a rounded element due to the sharp edges of the bed I chose. The parchment fabric adds a touch of whimsy.

Trunk for end of bed. amazon.com $65 + shipping
I like a trunk or chest big enough for storage. Extra blankets or linens, light jackets or sweaters, books or cds. You can never have enough storage.

 available at amazon.com about $90 shipped.
I love this throw! This is one of a kind! But something similar will add that special touch to the room that is yours. Plus it is a conversation piece. If you see this, you want to know more about it! This is made from recycled Saris. The colors blend with the pillows I selected but are not matchy-matchy (my bohemian chic style shining through) :)




Focus Framed Art Print by Michael Faragher

available from amazon.com

A collection of art behind the bed does not necessarily have to be seashell art. The sailors valentines cannot be duplicated so I chose photography print of seashells. I also think an artist macro print of shells or other shore items would be interesting. Keeping the collection in the same color family blends it and a collection of at least 3 is preferred. My bohemian spirit would wan to fill the whole wall with art :)  


I hope this little "project" was useful. There are some items to save on and some to splurge on. It is, in the end, your personal room. Make it reflect you inspired by a certain style. You really want to love your home and feel comfortable. For some clean lines and minimalist furniture does the trick, but for me I like more is better. :) If you have an inspiration room or item and would like my take on adding it to your home or space send me a comment or email. I would love to help out. Have a great weekend. (Comments are welcome, please leave one!)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home