Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Don't judge a NOOK by the cover....OR SHOULD YOU????

So, after much much thought and drama (will elaborate on that later) I finally got an ereader. A Nook! AND a cute pink cover! :)

I am loving it so far!!

MY DRAMA-- I first ordered a NEXTBOOK from Best Buy online. It was about $30-40 bucks cheaper and that may have been a reason why I went with the Nextbook first instead of the Kindle or Nook. But I got the first one on time and everything. I immediately opened it up and booted it up. The pre-loaded books came right up and were able to be read. HOWEVER, when I went to download more books, that is when the trouble began! O.M.G!!! I was on the phone a total of 2.5 hours because it would not work! It was pre-loaded with Borders ap and it would not work. I found out that Borders was taken over by KOBO and that my Nextbook needed to have the Kobo ap downloaded. Problem is that it would not download the Kobo ap!!! 2 reps from Nextbook and Kobo tried to help me and it just would not work! UGH! so I took it back. That same night. 
After a week or so I realized that I really did want an ereader and should not let that bad experience stand in the way of trying another. I went back to Best Buy and the friendliest rep helped me decide on my Nook. I have downloaded probably 15 books so far and NO PROBLEM AT ALL! I can do it right from my Nook and they are downloaded in just a few seconds! 
Yay!!!!

5 Comments:

At July 27, 2011 at 1:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy your nook. I started with the 3g + wifi nook then sold that so I could buy the nook color. I love it!

 
At July 27, 2011 at 2:19 PM , Blogger everchanging erin said...

loving it so far! Kinda wish I did have the color but this one is JUST FINE! lol

 
At July 27, 2011 at 10:13 PM , Blogger Sam said...

Found you on Two Peas!

I just wanted to say I love your little description at the top of your page. I'm doing that myself right now, and it's proving to be a little difficult. :)

Good luck and have fun! Hope to read more posts. :)

 
At July 27, 2011 at 10:45 PM , Blogger everchanging erin said...

Thanks! It can be difficult and overwhelming..lol I will be working on posting pics of my little house soon. I want to get the painting finished first. :)
Erin

 
At July 28, 2011 at 5:30 AM , Blogger Disneypal said...

Congrats on starting your blog and on getting your Nook - love the pink cover !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home