Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bathrooms...don't stop here!

Ever been to a home in which each room has been meticulously decorated and it flows so nicely from the foyer to the bedrooms until you step into the BATHROOM? and then it's like? What did the paint store run out of paint? Did the decorator call in sick on the bathroom design day? Did the homeowner decide the bathroom was just to small to care what it looked like? Well, I am sure we have all been guilty of leaving at least one bathroom in our homes "un-decorated" or at the very least "un-inspired" I like that term better. To decorate a home completely we all need inspiration. We look at clothing and see color combinations we like, or fabric, or look at shoes and like a certain glamorous feel or even take inspiration from our flower garden. It really is everywhere. One piece of advise that I really liked and hung onto while redecorating my home was to treat the bathrooms like their own little jewel box. Why not? They are relatively small so if we want to try something that seems to be a good place to do it. For the smaller of my 2 bathrooms I chose French Country inspiration. I had to bear in mind that it is used by my children and my guests so I could not design it to the gills. By that I mean, function first! I will be posting pics of all of my projects soon. But until then, here a few to inspire a jewel box bathroom re-do :)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home